Monday, October 6, 2014

Reading Diary: Assessment

Overall, I believe that my Reading Diaries have been very good this semester. After reading the instructions again, I realized that it took me a couple weeks to get everything right. The main thing I forgot was to include a link to the unit index page. I did not start doing that until week four. I have no idea why I started doing it either because I definitely had not seen that on the instructions page. I think my length for the Reading Diaries is quite appropriate. I write after I read each story in the unit. This way everything is fresh on my mind and I remember exactly what I thought or how I felt during each part of the story so I can record it. Some of my descriptions are shorter and some are longer, it really just depends on the story. Usually you can tell if I really liked a story or really did not like a story based off of the length. The description is always longer if I like or dislike it because I have a lot to say about the story. If I am in between, it is always shorter. I also think I did a great job on my reading diaries because when I look back at the earlier units, I can remember the stories that I wrote about. Reading quickly about what I thought when originally reading the story helps me remember the story. If I talked about how I really did not like something, I remember not liking it, then I remember why and what the story is all about. This is a lot better than what I do in most of my other classes. I am not usually very great at reading the textbook and when I do I cannot remember it that well. I do a lot better with looking up answers to a study guide and prepare for exams that way. Perhaps if I took notes like this while reading it would help?

No comments:

Post a Comment