Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Reading Diary Week 12: Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland Unit


Mad Tea Party

Why is a raven like a writing desk? I would surely like to know! I really liked the story of the mad tea party. It was similar to what I was expecting, but more. There were more riddles and stories, but there was no unbirthday parties. I found that slightly unfortunate. I really liked how they talked about time and the crazy watch that only tells what year it is. I wish there was more description to how these characters looked because all I can really picture is the disney versions. 

Queen's Croquet Ground

Painting the roses red! I like how it said the queen couldn't tell who the gardeners were because they were all on their bellies and everyones backs look the same. I honestly had not thought of it. I wonder what the queen's deal is with beheading? That is her favorite punishment and she seems to do it a lot. I love how the queen is portrayed. You can feel the power she has over everyone. I loved the part where they are arguing over whether or not you can behead the Cheshire Cat. Considering it is only a floating head, I would have to agree with the executioner- you cannot chop of a head without a body to detach it from.

Who Stole the Tarts?

When I read -""Write that down," the King said to the jury, and the jury eagerly wrote down all three dates on their slates, and then they added them up and reduced the answer to shillings and pence." - all I could think about was how that sounded like a word problem in math. I really hated word problems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment