Monday, November 10, 2014

Reading Diary Week 13: The Heptameron

The Heptameron of Margaret: Queen of Navarre Unit

Lady from Milan

I really liked this story. The french gentleman was kind of a stalker though. I definitely understand why the widow faked being sick to avoid his gaze, even if his gaze was full of passion. I have to say he was beyond obsessive. I can't believe he pursued her for three years without her really giving him any attention. Well I am glad to hear that the creepy relationship wasn't one sided. She was attracted to him the whole time. Way to lead a guy on for three years.

Virgin With Child

I had a feeling the whole time that it was the brother. That is disgusting. I cannot believe that he went through those extremes to try to hide it. I think it is awful that they burned the girl as well. She might have had no say in the matter. However, I am glad they waited until the child was born. It does make me wonder what happened to the poor kid. Did it get adopted? Get a nice home? Or was it in an orphanage its whole life? Treated differently because of how it was conceived.

The Monks and the Butcher

This is my favorite story so far this unit! It is just so funny!! It reminds me of the game "telephone" I used to play when I was younger. You would say something to the person next to you and by the time the last person heard it, it was a completely different comment! Eavesdropping can be very dangerous, as the monks learned, this is a really great story to teach that lesson. 

Woman on her Death Bed

How dare he try to mess with one of his servants right next to his dying wife!!! That is appalling. I am glad she was still alive and had enough strength in her to get onto them! I sure hope that if I die first my husband will mourn me a little longer than this guy did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment