Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 1: My Favorite Place(s)

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” -- St. Augustine 


I have been pretty fortunate to be able to read a couple pages and I simply cannot choose one specific place! So here are my top three!

Orlando, FL:

I am convinced that there is no way you can ever be too old to go to Disney World. I went there for my high school senior trip with my family and we had a blast! I would probably go there tonight if someone told me to just hop on a flight and go. I mean I would make it in time for the fireworks! I also love Harry Potter. So naturally I loved the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios. That is actually a picture of my siblings and I in front of the Hogwarts castle.

   ( © Jorge Royan: Wikimedia Commons)

My family in front of the Hogwarts castle.
                   

Biltmore:

The Biltmore is the home of George Vanderbuilt. It is located in Asheville, NC and is the largest home in the United States. I love to tour old homes and this one is BEAUTIFUL! As you can see it is huge! It also has a couple of gardens and a great view. I would highly suggest putting it on your bucket list. I took this picture a couple summers ago and I would love to go back around Christmas to see it decorated for the holidays.

Biltmore


Yellowstone:

Yellowstone is a national park located primarily in Wyoming. It is larger than some states. This place is beautiful. Definitely the prettiest place I have ever been to. These are all pictures I took on my iPhone and they still do not do the place justice. Not only is Yellowstone beautiful with nature but their lodge next to Old Faithful is stunning.

Lower Falls
Mammoth Hot Springs
Old Faithful Lodge
Bighorn Sheep
   


1 comment:

  1. Oh, what marvelous places, Chelsey! My husband and I were just talking about the Harry Potter park last week and wondering what that was like (I make him watch with me the whole Harry Potter movie series before the start of school each year, just to get into the Hogwarts spirit, ha ha). I bet that is so much fun to visit! The Biltmore and Yosemite are both wonderful places in the real world... but I like the idea of visiting the imaginary world of Hogwarts too! What a great combination... and I would guess that is a sign you will enjoy this class, where the readings are exactly that combination of real world and fantasy, along with everything in-between! :-)

    ReplyDelete